Leveling and Sticking to build plate without grinding

Damion

Leveling and Sticking to build plate without grinding

Post by Damion » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:11 am

So I have had the anycubic photon for about a week now and I have been having a slight "issue". To be clear I dont have any issue really with printing. everything I have printed looks amazing. The issue I am having is that to get my work to stick the the build plate during the leveling process I have to set the z to the point of pressing hard against the A4 printer paper. anything less then full force on it the print will be a blob at the bottom of my vat. this wouldn't be an issue to me if that on the first layer after homing the motor makes a horrible grinding sound as if trying to push past its limits. I am worried that it might eventually damage the printer. Is there a technique anyone uses to get it to stick the the build plate without the grinding noise? I Have tightened the FEP film using a low juice cap as support in the instruction video when installing. leaving a little play in the paper before attaching it to the vat. Is the the proper tek for that or should my film be tighter? when tapped it makes a low pitch drum sound. Any advice for a newbie is greatly appreciated.