What if I've scratched my LCD screen?

SSam

What if I've scratched my LCD screen?

Post by SSam » Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:15 pm

Hello everybody. I recently got a Photon, and I've started printing with it. I'm getting some good results, but It's been a learning curve. The biggest problem I had initially was cleaning the resin off of everything. The first few times I used the printer, I used alcohol with kitchen towels to clean everything. This included the LCD screen as a few drops of resin have occasionally fallen onto the printer while trying to remove the vat. However, I've noticed that screen and the clear vat base seem a little scratched up now. Clearly kitchen towels are too rough. I now clean the vat by submerging it in alcohol, and I know that the plastic sheet at the bottom can be replaced. But what about the LCD monitor? How do you clean it if it gets resin on it? Are the scratches (just "light" scratches you know) likely to have a negative effect on print quality? Is there anything I can do to "buff out" the scratches? I've seen some websites that sell spare LCD monitors, but a)I would rather not have to spend that much, and b)I would rather not have to disassemble the Photon and try to install a new LCD.